NETGEAR’s new Nighthawk M6 bolsters the lineup of 5G mobile hotspots and delivers faster speeds and improved WiFi performance both on the go and at home
NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of award-winning connected products designed to simplify and improve people’s lives, today launched a powerful addition to its line of unlocked 5G mobile hotspots. At a time when access to a fast, secure and reliable Internet is more important than ever, the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M6 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) elevates the mobile broadband experience to new heights by increasing the maximum supportable 5G speed and adding 160MHz capability to connect to the latest WiFi 6 client devices.
This press release is multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221004005444/en/
NETGEAR introduces a powerful new unlocked 5G Wi-Fi 6 mobile hotspot: the Nighthawk M6 Mobile Hotspot Router. (Photo: BusinessWire)
NETGEAR launched the world’s first unlocked 5G hotspot in 2021 with the award-winning Nighthawk M5. Now the company is building on that achievement with the M6, which is 20% faster than the M5 at 2.5Gbps on 5G and has the ability to reach a maximum combined Wi-Fi speed of 3.6. Gbit/s.1 when connecting to 6160MHz WiFi devices. Additionally, the M6 comes with a new Home Performance Mode, the first of its kind, which boosts WiFi coverage up to 2,000 square feet when the device is plugged in and the battery is removed.
Robust Connectivity Anywhere, Anytime
The Nighthawk M6 is powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ SDX62 Mobile Platform and delivers premium performance with breakthrough speeds. The AX3600 dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi 6 is ideal for all mobile connectivity needs, from fast file transfer to high-end video streaming to up to 32 connected devices. A powerful 5040mAh battery lasts up to 13 hours on a single charge, providing power throughout the day and night.
At home or in the office, M6 can be used as both primary and backup Internet access, especially in rural areas where reliable and fast wired Internet access is not available. When you’re on the road, the M6 provides the most secure private Wi-Fi connections for laptops, tablets and phones in airports, hotels, trains and other places with public Wi-Fi. When users want to retain 5G data usage or in areas where only public WiFi but no cellular signal is available, the M6 offload function allows connecting to local public WiFi for internet connectivity while eliminating the need to manually connect each device to local public WiFi.
“We really listened to our customers to determine how they use these devices and set out to deliver a superior Wi-Fi experience, whether they need portable and secure access on the go, powerful and reliable Internet home or both,” said David Henry, president and general manager of connected home products and services at NETGEAR. “We leverage our more than 25 years of wireless expertise to generate this incredible combination of next-generation 5G and WiFi 6 in the form of the Nighthawk M6, which will dramatically improve the way we stay connected wherever we live, work and play.”
The M6 is easy to set up and use, and its compact design makes it easy to take anywhere a wireless connection is needed. It features an intuitive color touchscreen to easily monitor data usage, view WiFi name/password, check mobile signal strength, and manage device and network settings. Gigabit Ethernet and USB-C ports make it easy to connect and distribute fast Internet speeds to wired devices and external 5G antennas (sold separately) can be connected to available antenna ports to improve reception in buildings, at remote sites or anywhere with sparse network coverage.
- Next-level 5G Sub-6 performance: Strong, reliable and secure 5G Internet with speeds of up to 2.5 Gbps for home or on the go. Already used in smartphones, the Sub-6 5G can deliver realistic video calling and streaming, fast file transfers and downloads, more competitive multiplayer games and more.
- Faster speeds with WiFi 6: Fast Wi-Fi 6 speeds of up to 3.6 Gbps and greater capacity to connect up to 32 devices for exceptional performance.
- Powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon® SDX62 Chipset: The advanced Qualcomm modem supports 5G’s Sub-6 band, delivering an arsenal of technologies and extreme power efficiency. The M6 is 3GPP Release 16 compliant, so it is future-proof via firmware updates.
- Intuitive touch screen interface: The easy-to-use 2.4-inch LCD touchscreen lets you configure, change WiFi settings, share access, and monitor your data usage.
- Secure and reliable network: Avoid the dangers of connecting directly to public Wi-Fi. The Nighthawk M6 is equipped with VPN pass-through support and password protection.
- Home performance mode: Increase your WiFi coverage, up to 2,000 square feet, by simply removing the battery and using the AC adapter.
- Unlocked potential: The unlocked device accepts nano SIM cards and works best on AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- n77 C-Band Support: Guarantees you to enjoy the highest possible 5G speed in more places.
- HPUE Support: Enables better 5G range. Pick up a 5G signal at the outer edges of 5G coverage areas, even where other devices can’t.
- Mobile ecosystem: Boost your 5G cellular reception by connecting external 5G antennas (sold separately) to available antenna ports.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk M6 5G Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) is available now at NETGEAR.com for a suggested retail price of $799.99.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR® (NASDAQ: NTGR) has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses and service providers worldwide since 1996 and leads the industry with a broad portfolio of award-winning products designed to simplify and improve people’s life. By enabling users to collaborate and connect to a world of information and entertainment, NETGEAR is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to products smart networking devices, Video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, easy-to-use WiFi solutions, and high-performance gaming routers to enhance online gaming. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California, with offices located around the world. More information is available from the NETGEAR Newsroom or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR: Twitter, Facebook, instagram and the NETGEAR Blog at NETGEAR.com.
©2022 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, and Nighthawk are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information in this document is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR is not responsible for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
1Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11 standard specifications. Actual data rate and wireless coverage will vary and will be reduced by network and environmental conditions, including volume of network traffic, device limitations, and building construction.