This tutorial is about changing WiFi name and password on PC/Laptop. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Change WiFi Name and Password on PC/Laptop. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Change WiFi Name and Password on PC/Laptop
For security reasons, you must change your default Wi-Fi name and password. Hackers can locate or guess your login details and steal your personal information if your default WiFi password is not strong enough to protect you (like your bank details). Plus, creating your own WiFi password makes it easy to remember. Here’s how to change your Wi-Fi network name and password on your Windows 10 or Mac computer.
You can find your WiFi password on any computer connected to this wireless network if you forget it. Learn how to find your WiFi password on a Windows 10 PC and how to find any password on a Mac in our step-by-step tutorials.
How to change your Wi-Fi name and password
- Open a web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other web browser.
- Next, enter your router’s IP address in the search bar and press the Enter key. Most routers have the same private IP address. Therefore, you can try entering “192.168.0.1” or “10.0.0.1” in your browser’s address bar. If that doesn’t work, learn how to find your router’s IP address on a Windows 10 or Mac computer.
- Next, enter your router’s username and password and click Login. Your router username and password are not the same as your WiFi username and password. You may be able to find your router’s username and password printed somewhere on your router or in its manual. Alternatively, you can also use this list to find your router’s default username and password by brand.
- Then click Wireless. You’ll usually see it in a menu on the left side of your window. This button may have a different name, depending on your router. You may also need to click other buttons to find your wireless router’s basic settings.
- Then change your new WiFi name and/or password. Generally, you will be able to change your WiFi network in a text box next to “Name” or “SSID” (which stands for Service Set Identifier). To change your WiFi password, you usually need to choose a security option first. If you want to learn more about which router security option to choose, check out our previous article here.
- Finally, click Apply or Save. Your changes will not take effect until you click Apply or Save.
Final Words: How to Change WiFi Name and Password on PC/Laptop
Hope you understand this article How to Change WiFi Name and Password on PC/Laptop, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.