This tutorial is about creating a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 10. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Create a Wifi Hotspot on Windows 10. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to create Wifi hotspot on Windows 10
If you want to share your Windows PC’s Internet connection (Wi-Fi router, Ethernet, or mobile data connection) with other devices. Don’t worry, read this article which will show you different tricks to turn your Windows PC into a wireless hotspot. A useful feature of the Windows family is to forward your internet connection from your Windows PC. We can also use this feature in Windows 10, which allows you to transfer (share) your Internet connection. This is a classic feature that lets you share your Windows PC’s Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or mobile data connection with others using the Command Prompt and System Preferences. This tutorial will show you different ways to create a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 10.
How to Create a Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10
Create Hotspot in Windows 10 using Settings
- Go to Windows Settings app or use Windows Key + i combination.
- Now click on Network and Internet.
- Click Mobile hotspot.
- Configure the name (ssid) and password of the Wi-Fi access point by clicking on Edit.
- Now click Save.
- Now enable the option Share my internet connection with other devices.
Create HotSpot using Cmd in Windows 10
- Open the command prompt with administrator privileges. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Search for command prompt or cmd in the start menu search bar.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Select Yes when prompted to allow the command prompt to run as an administrator.
- Now open netsh (a command line scripting utility that will help us create or modify network settings) by typing the following command:
- Now, to specifically modify the network settings related to the type of WLAN:
- Configure the access point name (ssid) using the following command:
- Set the hotspot password using the following command:
- Now start this configured access point by typing:
- To stop the hotspot, just type:
Final Words: How to Create a Wi-Fi Hotspot on Windows 10
Hope you understand this article How to Create a Wifi Hotspot on Windows 10, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.