In this world of connected objects, an IP address is very important. Internet Protocol (IP) is a means by which you can explore the world of the Internet. Although obtaining an IP address is an automated process and you usually don’t care about it. However, there are times when you really need to know the IP address of your smartphone, Windows laptop or MacBook. In this article, we are going to show easy-to-follow steps through which you can easily find your phone’s IP address. Additionally, you can also get the IP address of your Windows laptop or PC or Apple’s Mac range. Here’s everything you need to know about the IP address and how to find it.
Also Read: WiFi Password Check: How to Check WiFi Password on Android, iOS Mobiles and Windows, macOS Laptops
What is an IP address?
Before moving forward, let us know what an IP address really is. IP stands for Internet Protocol. It is basically a series of numbers and decimals that is assigned to every device that connects to a network. There are two types of IP addresses: public IP and local IP. The public IP address is provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This IP address helps you connect to the network. The local IP address is for devices, including your smartphones, PCs, MacBooks, etc., connected to your network. Each device will have a unique IP address, which is usually assigned by the router on your internal network.
How to find the IP address of your smartphone?
You can easily identify the personal IP address of your Android smartphone or Apple iPhone. In this article, we are going to show the exact way by which you can get your smartphone’s IP address.
Also Read: Unlock PDF Password: How to Remove Password from PDF File Using Adobe Reader, Small PDF, Google Chrome
How to find the IP address of your Android smartphone?
If you are an Android smartphone user, you need to follow these steps to get your smartphone’s IP address:
- Go to Settings and head to Network & Internet, then go to Wi-Fi.
- Now first connect to your Wi-Fi network and then click on the network name.
- You will see an Advanced section. Click on it and there you will find the IP address of your Android smartphone under Network Details.
Also read: How to take a screenshot on Windows, macOS laptops, Android Mobile and Apple iPhone?
How to find the IP address of your Apple iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user, you can follow these steps to find out your iPhone’s IP address.
- Go to Settings and click on Wi-Fi.
- Connect to your local Wi-Fi network, then tap the network name.
- There you will see the IP Address field under the IPV4 Address section.
Also read: How to Update Drivers on Windows 10 PCs and Laptops?
How to Find Your Windows Laptop’s IP Address
There are two ways to find out the IP address of your Windows laptop. Let’s take a closer look:
How to Find an IP Address in Windows 10 via Settings
In order to get your laptop’s IP address information on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and click on Network & Internet.
- Now select Wi-Fi or Ethernet option from the left menu. Make sure you are connected to a network, Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Click on the network name and you will get your IP address in the form of ‘IPv4 address’.
How to Find IP Address in Windows 10 via Command Prompt
You can also get information about your IP address using Command Prompt or CMD. Here’s how:
- Go to the search menu and type cmd in the search bar.
- At the command prompt, enter ipconfig. A window will open that will show you the IP address of your Windows laptop.
How to Find Your MacBook’s IP Address
Apple macOS also lets you track and find your personal IP address. Here’s how you can get the information:
- Go to the Apple menu, then select “System Preferences”.
- Pull down the View menu and now select “Network”. In the left column, click on the network connection.
- If you are on an Ethernet connection, the local IP address will be displayed directly.
- For the Wi-Fi connection, click the “Advanced” setting in the lower right corner, then click TCP/IP. From there you can get the information about your IP address.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technology content, such as our Facebook page