Juniper Networks has announced the latest addition to its Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture, Juniper Secure Edge.
This new solution provides firewall as a service (FWaaS) as a single-stack software architecture, managed by Security Director Cloud, to enable organizations to secure their workforces, wherever they are.
With the rise of the distributed workforce, organizations are experiencing a paradigm shift in how the network edge is secured, paving the way for all-new cloud-based architectures at accelerating paces. Extending security to every endpoint is crucial as these new architectures emerge and the transition begins.
Juniper Secure Edge provides users with secure access to the applications and resources they need, ensuring a seamless user experience that encompasses the following key benefits:
- Unified policy management from a single user interface for all security use cases. Create policies once and enforce them anytime and anywhere with unified policy management, including user and application-based access, IPS, anti-malware, and security. secure web access within a single policy. A unified policy from the edge to the data center means fewer policy gaps, elimination of human error, and an always secure environment.
- Secure user access from anywhere. Secure Edge supports the remote workforce, whether employees are in the office, at home, or on the road, with secure user access to the applications and resources needed to do their jobs effectively. Security policies follow the user wherever they go, protecting the user, device, and applications without having to copy or recreate rule sets.
- Zero Trust Dynamic Segmentation. Maintain data security around identity and risk-driven policies. Secure Edge provides a consistent security policy framework with policies that automatically adapt based on new risk and attack vectors and follow the user wherever they go, providing automated access controls to employees and to third-party contractors through granular policy control.
- Investment protection. Secure Edge enables organizations to leverage existing investments and seamlessly transition to a full SASE architecture at a chosen pace and provides a simpler operational experience. Juniper customers can use the physical, virtual, containerized – and now cloud-delivered – SRX firewall fully managed by Security Director Cloud with a single-policy framework, enabling complete visibility and consistent security at the edge and at the data center from a single UI.
- Integration with any identity provider. Secure Edge enables customers to use the identity provider that’s right for them by integrating with leading identity providers, such as Azure AD, Okta, and others, through SAML 2.0 support.
- Safety effectiveness validated. Juniper provides cyberattack protection that has been validated by objective third-party testing to be highly effective against client-side and server-side exploits, malware, and C2 traffic, regardless of user and application location. This includes achieving the highest security effectiveness rating of 99.5% from CyberRatings.org against leading security vendors for enterprise firewall, and 100% effectiveness with zero false positive in ICSA Labs’ Advanced Threat Defense test in Q4 2021. Secure Edge delivers cloud-based policies, as a service, with these proven threat prevention technologies, ensuring consistent security enforcement.
“We are excited to take another important step in the SASE market with Juniper Secure Edge,” said Samantha Madrid, vice president of security and strategy at Juniper Networks. “First, we enabled our customers to manage security anywhere, all in a single user interface with Security Director Cloud. Today, with the introduction of Juniper Secure Edge, Juniper enables customers to seamlessly secure the remote workforce with consistent security policies that follow users wherever they go, while leveraging existing investments when transitioning to a cloud-delivered architecture. Secure Edge enables customers to easily deploy effective threat protection without interrupting visibility.
Moving to a SASE architecture is a journey and requires every organization to take a thoughtful approach to this transition to stay secure. Juniper provides the “and” strategy that guides customers through their SASE journey and enables a seamless and secure transition to a SASE architecture. Secure Edge builds on Juniper’s connected security strategy while successfully converging networking and security, enabling a threat-aware network from client to application both on-premises and in the cloud.
“As remote workforces continue to become the norm, providing users with the most secure experience possible is critical. Organizations should leverage zero-trust principles to give employees secure access to the data and applications needed to do their jobs from anywhere. Juniper understands this imperative and provides organizations with the tools they need to make it a seamless migration.
“With Juniper Secure Edge, IT teams can simplify their transition to a SASE architecture by leveraging the benefits of a single-stack security solution with unified policy management in a single user interface. Now organizations can truly take advantage of the operational efficiencies promised by a SASE architecture,” said John Grady, principal analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group.
“As workforces become increasingly distributed, our customers demand increased scalability and consistent security without breaking the bank. Juniper Secure Edge, powered by Security Director Cloud, enables us to meet these demands by providing industry-leading network security, delivered from the cloud, through a consolidated solution with a single user interface. We can more easily manage customer networks at the edge and for the data center, and do so more efficiently. Our customers are satisfied and we are happy to be able to provide them with an excellent user experience,” said Jeff Rathmann, CEO of Silo City IT.