Networking Technologies the provider Netgear announced the launch in Australia of its “world premiere” Versatile 6E WiFi router, the Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band WiFi Router.
According to Netgear, Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band WiFi Router Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band WiFi Router promises to elevate the WiFi experience by delivering speeds of up to 10.8Gbps, with this latest addition to the Nighthawk line of performance routers ushering in a new era of speedy connectivity on the new 6Ghz band, free from interference and congestion. .
Netgear says work, learning and home video streaming have placed greater demands on home WiFi networks. and devices in these ultra-connected homes are in a constant struggle for bandwidth on congested WiFi networks.
“WiFi 6E solves these congestion issues by adding previously unavailable 6 GHz WiFi spectrum that can be used to broadcast WiFi signals and connect to more devices with faster speeds and reliability. Until the introduction of WiFi 6E, WiFi routers have been limited to the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The new 6 GHz third band will greatly increase the ability of networks to support more devices,” Netgear notes.
“The proliferation of WiFi over the past few decades has focused first on the 2.4 GHz band, then eventually on the 5 GHz band with Wi-Fi 4, 5 and 6,” said Phil Solisdirector of research at the IDC.
“As regulators around the world open up the 6 GHz band, 6E WiFi networks will provide enabled devices with the headroom to use large channels, even in dense, congested areas with higher average data rates. and lower latency.”
Netgear says the Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band WiFi Router is designed to deliver the fastest possible WiFi speed with higher capacity, lower latency and the latest WPA3 security, adding that with cutting-edge technology, the new router WiFi 6E expands WiFi for more capacity, capacity and experiences for a new world of uninterrupted connectivity for distance learning, video conferencing and 4K/8K video streaming.
“With the new 6GHz band, this Nighthawk performance router delivers faster speeds, smoother streaming, and less interference for WiFi-intensive devices and apps for an improved overall experience. “
“Our mission at NETGEAR is to provide products with cutting-edge technologies to enable people to work, learn, stream and play more effectively in a connected world,” said David Henrypresident and general manager of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR.
“The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band Router is a game-changing example of this and the first of many innovations from NETGEAR in the WiFI 6E space. We are thrilled to see how it is being received in the Australian market and look forward to sharing our strong pipeline 6E WiFi innovations in the future.
- New 6 GHz band–– with up to 200% more spectrum available than dual-band Wi-Fi (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz) alone.
- Ultra-low latency—Very few devices on the new 6 GHz band means lower latency for gaming and real-time traffic.
- More high-speed Wi-Fi channels—Super-fast speed and less interference with 3x more high-bandwidth 160MHz Wi-Fi channels.
- 12-Stream Tri-Band WiFi— Four 6 GHz streams, four 5 GHz streams and four 2.4 GHz streams equals more available bandwidth and less congestion for all WiFi-connected devices.
- Powerful WiFi 6E optimized processor— Ideal for Gigabit internet speeds, a 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core processor delivers smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming and gaming.
- 2.5G multi-Gig Ethernet port––2.5 times the wire speed of a typical Gigabit port, to be used for LAN or Internet connectivity.
- Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. Group two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable) simultaneously.
- Pre-optimized antennas––Unfold and place the antennas on the router; no other settings are necessary. Nighthawk RAXE500 antennas are pre-optimized for best WiFi performance.
- NETGEAR® Armor™ Security for Your Home––Advanced security for your home network and an unlimited number of connected devices. Learn more about netgear.com.au/armor.
- Automatic firmware updates—Latest security patches delivered to the router without user intervention.
NETGEAR Armor Security:
The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band WiFi Router includes a 30-day free trial of NETGEAR Armor to protect the connected home from online threats. Armor’s multi-layered security is built into the RAXE500 router to give you peace of mind that you have the best antivirus, anti-malware and data protection for your smart devices, smartphones and computers. NETGEAR Armor protects all your connected devices against Internet threats on Wi-Fi, off-network and on the go.
the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router will be available for pre-order on NETGEAR UK Online Store now at an RRP of $1,099.