Wildcats start 8-1, host No. 8 TCU this weekend
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ/UK ATHLETICS) – Kentucky prepared for an early test by getting six shutout innings from their bullpen in a 5-4 win over Evansville that took the Wildcats to 8-1 this season.
Senior Darren Williams got his first save as a blue and right-handed freshman Mason Moore settled the game to get his first collegiate win for the Cats.
senior left-handed Mason Hazelwood also faced two batters in his return from a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his elbow less than a year ago, a positive development for the Cats.
After Evansville scored the first four points, the Cats fought back and took the lead in fourth past Hazelwood, Moore, Jackson Nove, Tyler Guilfoil and Williams closed the bats for the Aces.
To see the box score, click here.
- Kentucky is now 87-12 against non-Power Five non-conference opponents in practice Nick Mingioneits mandate.
- The British pitchers have retired 109 goals in eight games.
- Jacob Plastiak has a success in every game this season.
- First year RHP Mason Moore allowed just one hit and struck out two in 2.1 innings.
- Main HPR Darren Williams made his first save in blue.
- He struck out four in 2.0 innings.
- senior IF Jacob Plastiak went 1 for 4 with an RBI.
- He is currently riding a nine-game career streak and a 12-game safe reach streak.
- Senior C Alonso Rubalcaba went 1 for 4 with a two-run homer.
- He homered in consecutive games.
ON THE BRIDGE
Kentucky hosts the No. 8 TCU this weekend. The first pitch Friday is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast on SECN+. The radio call will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network (98.5 FM).