Zyxel Networks has released an update to its Nebula Cloud networking solution. The new Phase 15 (P15) update further improves the user experience by streamlining license purchases, guiding users through paid Nebula features, improving usability, and increasing the security and resiliency of Nebula switches managed.
The Nebula Cloud Networking solution makes it easy to deploy, configure, monitor and manage a portfolio of wireless and wired network hardware, including access points, switches, security firewalls and mobile routers LTE from anywhere with an internet connection.
The interface allows all Nebula distributed networks to be monitored and managed from a single screen via the cloud, eliminating the complexity of accessing remote sites.
New features in the new P15 update of Nebula Cloud Networking Solution:
- Security and Resilience for Nebula Switches – “IP Source Guard” protects networks against IP spoofing attacks by allowing only authorized client traffic based on the DHCP snooping binding table or manually configured authorized client list. “Automatic Configuration Recovery” protects the switch by suspending configuration operations and restoring the original switch settings when the switch loses connection with the Nebula Central Control Center (NCC).
- Remote configurator for mobile routers – A time-saving remote configurator for mobile routers establishes a connection between the NCC and the mobile router’s web GUI to allow users to remotely configure 4G routers without having to send personnel to the site.
- Online overview of Premium features – Nebula now makes it easy to identify what each premium feature offers and which features will provide maximum value to the user, before purchasing the feature. Simply hover over each feature to display a visual aid that provides a detailed description of the feature and its functions, ultimately giving the user better insight into the value of the investment.
- Simplified license purchase – Ideal for prosumers and small businesses, users now have the option to purchase Nebula compatible licenses directly through the management portal. The Zyxel Marketplace integrated e-commerce platform in the NCC automates the process, allowing users to purchase licenses up to 10 times faster than buying offline. Channel partners still have the option of purchasing licenses offline or through the online licensing platform, Circle.
- Trials at any time – Available in October 2022, Nebula users will be able to try out some features to explore which ones benefit them the most. This update makes optional paid features available on a 30-day free trial, allowing users to experience the benefits of the full Nebula stack without incurring upfront costs. Activated anytime, from even more entry points, the unified trial mechanism promises to deliver a consistent user experience across the board.
- Flexible firmware upgrades – Nebula users enjoy increased flexibility for firmware upgrades, allowing them to manage timing and version preferences for upgrades. New options include the ability to automate, schedule, or manually upgrade hardware to the latest or most stable firmware versions, or skip updating altogether.
“The enhancements to the Nebula cloud management solution through this update incorporate features designed to address issues found through the extensive feedback and insights we have received from our customers,” explained Shawn RogersMarket Development Manager at Zyxel Networks.
“This update makes using Nebula easier and more convenient than ever, and includes new security features that all help make our solution one of the best networking solutions in its class for SMBs and businesses. solution providers,” continued Rogers.
The Zyxel Nebula Cloud Management Solution portfolio of access points, switches, security gateways and firewalls come with limited lifetime warranties and are available now from all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-commerce partners.